Y3’s Detox Approved Broccoli Soup
2 cloves of garlic
1 medium onion
2 Tablespoons of grape seed oil
1 large bunch broccoli (reserve some of the broccoli florets for garnish-Optional)
2 cups of milk of choice ( we like rice or almond milk for this recipe)
1 cup of oats
1/4 cup miso
1/4 cup water
Sauté garlic and onions in oil. Add remaining ingredients (Reserve Miso so it doesn’t boil) cover and simmer for 10 min. Add miso last and stir to combine. Purée soup in a food processor or high speed blender. Steam the broccoli florets as a garnish to float on top when you serve the soup.
Serve for breakfast, a light lunch, as a side dish or pair with a salad or sandwich.
- You can really use any green vegetable here or a combination of veggies.
- Add Nutritional Yeast for a punch of B vitamins and a smoky cheesy flavor (We love nutritional yeast)
- This recipe has been a favorite in the test kitchen for an acceptable detoxifying soup that can be a smoothie or green drink replacement while on a cleanse
- As mentioned this is detox approved. But, there are numerous ways to make it richer and/or even more cleansing, like adding parsley or cilantro to help purify the blood and liver, or if you prefer richer, add cream or real cheese for a Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Sprinkle with nuts or seeds-We love Go Raw 100% Organic Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds (Can be purchased at most organic markets, we get ours from Whole Foods)
- Experiment with different spices, it’s hard to go wrong here
- Omit Miso and play with other flavors that suit your taste
Photo Courtesy of honest fare.com