When your neighbor shows up with these, a girl has to get busy. It’s been a zucchini fest in the Y3 test kitchen and be assured we will be sharing more zuchini recipes. But, this is so freaking good we had to share this recipe first.
Thanks to almond & brown rice flour this is a moist, dense, flavorful and guilt fee, gluten free bread. Easy to bake & freeze, but it is gone too fast around my house for that. This recipe makes 2 8×4 bread loaves or 4 mini loaves. It can be served as a dessert with ice cream, or berries, make a sandwich with it, serve it with a mixed green salad. The sky is the limit, get creative. It is also delicious all by itself.
2 cups almond flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup walnut oil
2 1/4 cups coconut crystals
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zuchini
1 cup chopped walnuts
1) Grease and flour bread pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F or 165 C
2) Sift dry ingredients: flour, salt baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl. (It is very important that you sift the dry ingredients, the almond flour is grainy and baking is like chemistry, the ingredients need to be mixed well)
3) Beat wet ingredients: eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together in a large bowl. Add dry sifted ingredients to the wet mixture and beat well.
4) Stir in zuchini and nuts until thoroughly combined and pour batter into prepared baking pans.
5) Bake for 40-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely. Serve.
Enjoy! Stacy & The Y3 team.