13 Tips to lose Belly Fat
If you follow our blog than you know we don’t subscribe to extreme measures, fad diets, popping pills and quick fixes. No, none of that will be found here. However, if you are looking to lose belly fat in a healthy way and incorporate the following tips into your everyday lifestyle, than please read on.
There is no one-size fits all approach to weight loss. We are not going to preach that you become vegetarian or vegan, or go Paleo, or try the blood type diet, or whatever new found diet that may be hitting the mainstream media. The following tips are lifestyle changes that everyone should have in their repertoire.
These tips apply to whatever dietary habit you follow. Understand that a “diet” is not something that you go “on” & “off”. A diet is what you actually eat and/or do on a regular basis. That is what defines your dietary habits. The following tips are in no particular order as everyone is coming at this from a different place.
Tips to lose belly fat
1) Reduce your consumption of processed foods. This means to eat foods as close to their natural state as possible. If something has a long shelf life you should inquire why and how?
2) Read labels. If you can’t pronounce it, chances are you shouldn’t be eating it. If you are unfamiliar with an ingredient, look it up.
3) Cook at home more often, and in the company of others. The benefits here are many. When you cook at home you know what you are putting into your food. The ritual of cooking and eating with family and friends is slowly becoming a lost one. Group energy is powerful. Cook more often with others.
4) Buy local and organic whenever possible. It is actually cheaper, greener and more sustainable than not. If we demand organic our options will only be greater.
6) Move daily
7) Practice Yoga, mindfulness and meditation
8) Join our 21 Day Clean & Green Challenge. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
9) Break a sweat daily. Sweating is a healthy and natural way to eliminate toxins from the body. Take a steam, a hot bath, hot yoga, Pranayama, or whatever form of exercise you enjoy to break a sweat daily.
10) See your doctor for a full health panel. Check your thyroid and vitamin and mineral levels. Have a hormone panel done. Age is irrevelant here.
11) Reduce your exposure to chemicals. Use only natural ingredients to clean your household.
12) Clean up your personal hygiene products. The skin is the largest organ and what you put on it goes into your bloodstream.
13) Add healthy fats to your diet like coconut oil and avocado.
If all of this seems extreme to you take one tip at a time and do it until it becomes a habit. Then move on to the next one and so on and so on. Follow our blog, like us on facebook or follow twitter and pinterest for more healthy tips and let us know how it goes for you.
We are here for you if you need more help. Email us at info@YinYangYogis.com for a health consultation.
Stacy and the Y3 team!